Conestoga Valley is committed to a balanced assessment program reflecting national, state and local measures. Each year, we administer the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) at grades three through eight and 11 for math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 for writing and grades 4, 8 and 11 for science. In addition to these required summative assessments, the district administers PA Benchmark formative assessment in grades three through 11 for math and reading and a locally-developed writing assessment.
Character education is a district-wide initiative based on character traits identified by the community as being important. Each month, teachers focus on a different trait, incorporating them into classroom and building activities. Character education extends to the community so that businesses and other organizations promote the traits as well.
CV maintains open lines of communication with employees, parents, community members, students and others. The district employs a public relations coordinator to promote programs and accomplishments. Administrators hold regular advisory council meetings with parents, employees and students to facilitate two-way communication.
Conestoga Valley Education Foundation
Conestoga Valley Education Foundation (CVEF) is a private, non-profit organization that provides funds for innovative educational initiatives. Teachers can apply each year for grant monies from the foundation for special projects.
CV has excellent, modern facilities for learning. Each school building has been renovated in the past 18 years. Renovations were completed at both the high school and Fritz Elementary in 2006.
Each CV school has its own library staffed by a certified librarian. The district has more than 80,000 volumes that can be accessed through Destiny, an online library management system. All students have access to online resources, including World Book Online, CultureGrams, NoodleTools and the Power Library databases. The high school library also provides specialty subscription databases, ebooks and electronic-style tools. All online resources are also available for use at home. The libraries have video collections and the capability to download streaming audio and video. The High School and Middle School libraries offer extended hours for student use beyond the regular school day.
There are currently 2,500 computers deployed throughout the district, consisting of both desktop and laptop computers that are all networked and have Internet services. There are three TV studios in the district: at the high school, middle school and Smoketown Elementary School. The district continues to implement new technologies in the classroom, including handhelds, whiteboards, classroom performance systems and wireless tablet input slates. The district’s technology infrastructure is maintained by nine full-time employees and supports some 5,000 users.
The district takes a proactive approach to keep students in a safe learning environment. Emergency plans are in place at each school. The district has a safety task force that meets regularly to discuss current topics and to coordinate ongoing planning. CV also employs a School Resource Officer (SRO), a full-time East Lampeter police officer, who is involved at both the elementary and secondary levels. Finally, the lobbies of all CV buildings are secured so that visitors must enter the office before being admitted to the rest of the building.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL is offered at all educational levels in all four elementary schools and at the middle and high schools.
Volunteers in Action (VIA)
CV has a tradition of strong, enthusiastic parental support. In 1975, the district initiated Volunteers in Action (VIA), an organized volunteer program. Last year, VIA had 670 volunteers.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 2 beds, 0 bath2,976 sqft lot 1.90 acListing provided by Niv Lemoine, Kingsway RealtyMLS PALA114958
- $139,9003 beds, 2 baths1,550 sqftListing provided by Ervin Barkman, Kingsway RealtyMLS PALA114804
- 9 beds, 6 baths2,976 sqft lot 1.90 acListing provided by Niv Lemoine, Kingsway RealtyMLS PALA114796
- $224,9003 beds, 2 baths1,828 sqft lot 17,859 sqftListing provided by Chad Hurst, Kingsway RealtyMLS PALA114638
- $59,9002 beds, 2 baths1,120 sqftListing provided by Serena Riedel, Howard Hanna Real Estate Services-LancasterMLS PALA114336
- $299,9958 beds, 0 bath4,062 sqft lot 10,018 sqftListing provided by Curvin Horning, Kingsway RealtyMLS PALA114386
- $196,900Price Drop3 beds, 3 baths1,426 sqft lot 3,920 sqftListing provided by Randy Denlinger, RE/MAX Of ReadingMLS PALA112292
- $289,9004 beds, 3 baths1,758 sqft lot 41,382 sqftListing provided by Luis Ortega, SlateHouseMLS PALA112358
- $225,0006 beds, 0 bath2,063 sqft lot 22,215 sqftListing provided by Donald Shakespeare, Lighthouse Real EstateMLS PALA105164
- $214,900Price Drop3 beds, 2 baths1,215 sqft lot 18,730 sqftListing provided by Brian Weiland, RE/MAX PinnacleMLS PALA104450
- $187,000Price Drop3 beds, 0 bath1,664 sqft lot 9,147 sqftListing provided by Jennifer King, RE/MAX Of ReadingMLS 1009907324
- $519,900Price Drop5 beds, 4 baths4,906 sqft lot 22,215 sqftListing provided by William Rothermel, RE/MAX PinnacleMLS 1006064762
- 4 beds, 2 baths5,280 sqft lot 2.00 acListing provided by Kore Fisher, Hostetter RealtyMLS 1003258354
- 5 beds, 5 baths3,912 sqft lot 28,314 sqftListing provided by Dan Parson, RE/MAX PinnacleMLS 1002769654
or Short Sale4 beds, 2 baths1,499 sqft lot 20,473 sqftListing provided by Jerry Lehman, Coldwell Banker Residential BrokerageMLS 1002494456
- $689,9004 beds, 6 baths7,253 sqft lot 24,829 sqftListing provided by Anne Lusk, Lusk & Associates Sotheby's International RealtyMLS 1005932077
- $324,9003 beds, 3 baths2,272 sqft lot 14,810 sqftListing provided by Linnea Hershey, A' La Carte Real Estate SvcsMLS 1002149126
- $230,0003 beds, 2 baths1,727 sqft lot 11,761 sqftListing provided by Barbara Panik, Iron Valley Real Estate of Lehigh ValleyMLS 1002062346
or Short Sale3 beds, 2 baths1,874 sqft lot 13,939 sqftListing provided by Peter Gustis, Springer Realty GroupMLS 1001531782
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should
be independently verified. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the
information at this site is permitted without the written permission from the MLS
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumer’s personal,non-commercial use, that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
This Real Estate IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.